LIVE ONLINE COURSE
Noelle Silver Russell, Global AI Solutions Lead, Accenture.
ex IBM, ex-Microsoft, ex-Amazon
LIVE ONLINE COURSE WITH IBM’S GLOBAL PARTNER FOR AI & ANALYTICS
May 16 - June 22, 2023
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS
5 PM UK / 6 PM CET
How do effective female leaders increase their influence and drive impact?
Join IBM’s AI & Analytics Global Partner, Noelle Silver, for a 6-week transformational leadership development program designed exclusively for women to reflect, connect, and lead with confidence.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
YOU WANT TO MOVE INTO A LEADERSHIP POSITION
Learn what it takes to be an effective leader and the skills you need for future success. Map out your personal and professional goals with confidence.
YOU WANT TO ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
Build your leadership, communication, and negotiation skills and develop a mindset to advance in your career. Learn to increase your influence and strengthen your authority.
YOU ARE A THRIVING WOMAN IN LEADERSHIP
Become a master in communication and negotiation and learn the keys to effective leadership. Get the tools to improve yourself, build a team, and take your company to the next level.
YOUR ASCENT STARTS HERE
DEVELOP YOUR OWN ROADMAP TO LEADERSHIP SUCCESS.
What does success look like to you? This course will give you the tools you need to reach your goals in work and life. Create a 12-month plan to achieve your personal and professional goals and overcome common hurdles facing women in leadership.
LEARN FROM THOSE WITH DEEP INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE.
Learn under the guidance of Noelle Silver, an executive leader at top companies such as NPR, Microsoft, IBM, and Amazon Alexa, while connecting with other high-achieving women through workshops and in-class activities.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Map out your personal and professional goals. This course will help you think deeply about your own core values, vision, and leadership style as you learn to overcome the challenges of being a woman in leadership.
12-MONTH ACTION PLAN
Develop a detailed plan for future success. With a 90-day personal development vision and a 12-month goal-orientated action plan, you’ll finish this course with a clear path to achieving your goals.
Learn to negotiate and communicate like a pro. Gain confidence in dealing with tough conversations, learn the keys to effective communication, and build your resilience as a leader.
- LINKEDIN PROFILE
- Global Partner, AI and Analytics at IBM
- Led technology teams at NPR, Microsoft, IBM, and Amazon Alexa
- Specializes in helping companies with emerging technology, cloud, AI, and Web 3.0
- Founder of AI Leadership Institute, empowering and inspiring organizations globally to begin thinking more deeply about AI
- Passionate about teaching women and people of color how to use the power of technology and influence to achieve success in business
- Multi-award-winning technologist, entrepreneur, and keynote speaker
May 16, TU
Being a Woman at Work
Objective: Learn about the inherent challenges and opportunities for women in leadership
- - Workplace inequality: Where we've come from and where we are now
- - Impact of COVID & economic conditions on women
- - Mindset Matters Most
- - Power, influence, and authority: Knowing the difference
- - Determining Your Why
- - Workshop: Developing a personal Mission Statement and Core Values
Assignment #1: The 7 Why’s Exercise
May 18, TH
Self-Awareness, Branding and Presence + Guest Speaker (Sandy Carter, Senior Vice President and Channel Chief at Unstoppable Domains)
Objective: Discover your purpose and vision and learn to tell your story
- - The importance of self-awareness in career management
- - Understanding the components of a personal brand
- - Creating key elements of your brand and being able to talk about yourself
- - Offline and online branding (Social Media strategies)
- - Linking or not linking your brand to your company or organization's brand
- - Analyze examples of successful female leaders. Why did they succeed? Where did they struggle?
- - Workshop: Develop your Simple Sentence Story
Workshop Details: Develop your Simple Sentence Story. This will be used to introduce yourself to new audiences.
May 23, TU
IQ, EQ and AQ: The Different Levels of Intelligence Women Leaders Need
Objective: Examine different types of intelligence, and learn to communicate as a leader
- - IQ: Functional Excellence
- - EQ: Emotional Intelligence as a superpower
- - AQ: Adaptability and a growth mindset
- - 4 Basic components of EI: How to increase EQ and AQ
- - Workshop: Introduction to nonviolent communication
Assignment #2: Eliminate emotional false beliefs (Reflection and Worksheet)
May 25, TH
Objective:Build a strategy for overcoming challenges and always landing on your feet
- - Winter is Always Coming: How to Overcome Any Obstacle in Your Career
- - Top challenges in the workplace
- - Setting Healthy Boundaries and Overcoming Barriers
- - Managing Up and Leading Leaders (organizational politics)
- - Decisions: Your Pathway to Success
Assignment #3: Vision and Goal Exercise, Create your professional Scorecard
May 30, TU
Problem Solving Like a Leader
Objective: List techniques for collaborating and solving problems of all types
- - Methodology for rethinking problems
- - Generating Ideas (Design Thinking)
- - The Truth about Customer Obsession
- - Confidence building methods to stay motivated
- - Practice Makes Progress: Tools for Collaboration
- - Workshop: Generating Ideas
Assignment #4: 100 ways to stay motivated exercise, Hands-on with collaboration tools
June 1, TH
Raise your voice: how to build Your Leadership Presence
Objective: Develop a personal branding strategy and understand the difference between mentorship and sponsorship.
- - 5 Steps to Bringing Your Authentic Voice to the World
- - Using inclusivity and influence to foster innovation
- - Becoming the most positive person in the room
- - Reciprocity and Servant Leadership
- - The Difference between Sponsorship and Mentorship for leaders
Assignment #5: Who am I exercise, Story Inventory, and Homework for Life
June 6, TU
The art of giving feedback
Objective: Practice giving and receiving feedback that is both positive and negative.
- - Importance of feedback and key challenges
- - The Feedback Sandwich
- - Empathy and Compassion
- - Vulnerability and Perceptions of Failure
- - Workshop: Bad news & Drive by sandwich
Workshop details: Practice the with 3 people, write a paragraph about your experience and be prepared to share with the group.
Assignment #6: 5 people to get feedback from (use a template povided by Noelle). Share your reflections. What was new? (200 words max.)
June 8, TH
Vision, Goals, and Measuring What Matters
Objective: Vision, Goals, and Measuring What Matters
- - Know the vision of your leadership and of your employees
- - Understanding OKRs as a methodology for measuring results
- - Reporting What Resonates: The power of WBRs, MBRs, and QBRs
- - Tools and Resources for measuring the success of your team
- - In-class activity: Sharing a piece of your plan with peers
Assignment #7: Create OKRs for your life.
Resources: Measure what matters
June 13, TU
Negotiating Like a Pro
Objective: Understand how to negotiate from a position of power and confidence
- - Always know where you want to go
- - Be Confident in the ask
- - Key strategies for negotiating win/win creation
- - Mindful Negotiations
- - Non-Violent Communication
- - Always be Negotiating
- - Role Play Exercise: I want a raise
Assignment #8: Make a list of things you need support of others to achieve professionally and personally. Pick 2 and think through your desired outcome and common objections. Practice role playing how you might negotiate for the best possible outcome.
June 15, TH
Objective: Learn how to connect with like minded people and learn to be the CEO of your own life.
- - Myths about Networking
- - How Your Network is Your Net Worth
- - Become the CEO of your own life, and get an advisory board
- - Be congruent in your personal, professional, and digital life.
- - Workshop: Help and Be Helped
Assignment #9: Connect with everyone in class on Linkedin. Set up a coffee chat with one of your classmates
June 20, TU
Success and Self-Care
Objective: Discover mechanisms for self-care and establishing harmony in work and life
- - Defining Self-care
- - Having everything... with help
- - Tools and Tips for Creating a Virtuous Cycle of Work and Family
- - Focusing, stress management with mindfulness techniques
- - Building confidence through self-care
- - Workshop: Mindfulness and Meditation Practice
Assignment #10: Create a list of activities and practices that will help you feel centered, calm and taken care of. How will you prioritize these? Take the 7-day Mental Diet Challenge.
June 22, TH
Future development as a Leader
Objective: Build your personal and professional strategic plan to get the results you want in life.
- - Where do you want to go?
- - How can you get there?
- - What are the gaps in relationships or understanding?
- - 12 Month Plan: Working backwards from who you want to be a year from now
- - 90-Day Vision: Sub-targets are the key to success
- - Productivity Hacks for Female Leaders
- - What's next?
Assignment #11: Prepare a 90-Day Personal Development Plan
LIVE ONLINE COURSE ON LEADING IN PRODUCT & CAREER